The primary objective of our full-time vascular surgeons is to provide the highest level of patient care and an educational environment for research and clinical training of vascular surgery and general surgery trainees in the field of vascular diseases:
- Luis A. Sanchez, MD, chief of the Section of Vascular Surgery and Gregorio A. Sicard Distinguished Professor of Vascular Surgery and Radiology; Dr. Sanchez is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Vascular Surgery Section.
- Patrick Geraghty, MD, Professor of Surgery and Radiology
- Brian G. Rubin, MD, Professor of Surgery and Radiology
- Robert W. Thompson, MD, Professor of Surgery, Radiology, Cell Biology and Physiology
- Jeffrey Jim, MD, MPHS, Associate Professor of Surgery; Program Director for Vascular Surgery Training Programs
- Sean English, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Gerald R. Fortuna Jr., MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Senthil Nathan Jayarajan, MD, MS, Assistant Professor of Surgery; Associate Program Director, Vascular Surgery Residency and Fellowship
- John Westley Ohman, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Nanette Reed, MD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Mohamed Zayed, MD PhD, Assistant Professor of Surgery
See faculty profiles.
Most of the faculty members hold joint appointments in the Department of Radiology, Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (VIR). These dual appointments reflect the significant overlap in diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of care for patients with vascular disease shared by vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists in our institution. The rapid growth and application of endovascular technologies to the field of vascular surgery has served to further integrate patient care between these two specialties. Several aspects of the Washington University Vascular Surgery Residency Training Program take advantage of the unique relationship between these two departments.